The revision of the Construction Handbook was done to ensure that DOL YouthBuild Grantees have the most relevant and up-to-date information in hand for sustaining a well-managed and compliant work site.
The handbook also provides guidance for implementing an effective construction training component, where in addition to the hands-on vocational education provided, trainees learn work readiness skills, develop and practice leadership skills, and apply academic learning. DOL YouthBuild Grantees will find that this updated Handbook now includes guidance on all the major DOL work site compliance factors, is aligned with the recent Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), emphasizes effective work site safety procedures and best practices, and now includes information and resources on green building and weatherization..
- Selecting YouthBuild's Role in the Construction Project
- Selecting Construction Projects and Partners
- Hiring and Training Construction Staff
- Construction Issues in Participant Selection and Orientation
- Organizing the Work Site
- What are Participants Expected to Learn?
- Vocational Education
- Creating the Environment for Training and Production
- Managing Participants on the Construction Site
- Site Activities