Tuesday, May 14, 2019 2:00 PM ~ 3:30 PM ET
This webinar will highlight strategies and promising practices to integrate and strengthen the construction pre-apprenticeship component into the overall YouthBuild model.
Grantee staff will learn:
- About construction work site planning and operation;
- How the requirements of the work site agreement help to drive programmatic elements of the overall construction component;
- Employer engagement strategies within the construction industry;
- Promising practices used to teach construction skills and manage construction projects;
- Strategies for engaging participants in construction training and learning;
- How best to integrate the construction component with education, case management, and career readiness; and
- On-boarding best practices for new construction staff.
Full publication title: YouthBuild Series: How to Successfully Integrate and Implement the YouthBuild Construction Component
Toni Wilson, Workforce Analyst, U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration
David Burch, Director, Construction and Vocational Training, YouthBuild International
Rossie D. Cherry, DOL YouthBuild Technical Assistance Coach