Residential Property Management is a dynamic and growing industry. Often considered recession-proof, the apartment industry contributes $3.4 trillion to the economy annually and supports 17.5 million jobs. To highlight Apartment Maintenance, an emerging career pathway for YouthBuild participants, two webcasts have been recorded.
On the first, the National Apartment Association will discuss job outlooks and the industry-recognized credential, CAMT (Certificate of Apartment Maintenance Technician), and on the second, YouthBuild Louisville shares how they successfully implemented the Apartment Maintenance pathway into their program.
Webcast I: Opportunities in Apartment Maintenance: An Industry Overview
- Describe the labor market in the apartment industry
- Identify how existing YouthBuild preparation aligns with entry-level requirements
- Discuss how existing YouthBuild sponsoring organizations are partnering with apartment management companies and preparing graduates for entry-level positions
Webcast II: Opportunities in Apartment Maintenance: How YouthBuild Louisville is Creating an Apprenticeship Pathway
- Introduce property maintenance as a viable career pathway for YouthBuild graduates
- Illustrate critical elements in developing a property maintenance pathway in your YouthBuild program
- Share a successful model of integrating an apprenticeship pathway in property maintenance at YouthBuild Louisville