YouthBuild Series: Construction Plus Framework: Overview and Strategies for Program Alignment
2:00 PM ~ 3:30 PM ET
In 2013, YouthBuild grantees began to implement the Construction Plus component, which allows for training in additional in-demand industries beyond construction. Since the inception of Construction Plus, over 81 YouthBuild grantees have integrated this component into their YouthBuild program design.
Whether Construction Plus is a new program component or has been a part of the YouthBuild program for a number of grant cycles, it is imperative that YouthBuild grantees develop quality training pathways that align with effective practices such as hands-on work experience, support industry needs, and develop career pathways of youth participants through quality placements in advanced training and/or employment.
At the completion of this webinar, participants will:
- Understand what Construction Plus is and what it is not;
- Learn about the Construction Plus Framework for pre-apprenticeship;
- Identify key considerations for program alignment to the Construction Plus Framework; and
- Explore promising program practices to ensure participant success
Join the DOL YouthBuild June 2018 webinar, Construction Plus Framework: Overview and Strategies for Program Alignment, to learn about the Construction Plus framework and hear from YouthBuild program staff about their Construction Plus program design, industry partnerships, and Construction Plus framework alignment.
Jenn Smith, YouthBuild Program Director, U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration
Consuela Greene, Senior Director of DOL YouthBuild Program Impact, YouthBuild USA
Shawn Nicholson, Chief Operating Officer, Pathways
Larry Fisher, Vocational Trainer, Pathways
You Might Also Like
- H-1B Ready to Work -Data-Driven Decision Making: Tools to Re...
- Jumpstarting your H-1B TechHire Grant Program: New Grantee O...
- Round 2 Virtual Conference: Sustaining Your Impact Part 2: L...
- Round 2 Virtual Conference: Grant Closeout: Finishing Strong...
- Round 2 Virtual Conference: Sustaining Your Impact Part I: D...